Once a year, the Los Angeles tour company Esotouric makes a very special excursion – CRAWLING DOWN CAHUENGA; TOM WAITS' L.A. In this brief clip from the 2011 tour, host David Smay shows off the unassuming Echo Park alley where legendary cinematographer Haskell Wexler shot Waits' "In The Neighborhood" video, and talks about his favorite things about being an Esotouric tour guide for the day. More tour info here. Buy David Smay's "Swordfishtrombones" book here.
- Seeking Answers about the Rancho Los Amigos / Los Angeles County Poor Farm Potter’s Field Cemetery November 15, 2022
- Save Eagle Rock’s Route 66 Standard Service Station August 30, 2022
- A Los Angeles city councilman seeks a date with Charles Bukowski August 16, 2022
- Scoop: What the hell is happening at the Hotel Cecil? July 25, 2022
- Scoop: Downtown L.A.’s Broadway Trade Center to be boarded up before bankruptcy auction July 21, 2022
Top Posts & Pages
- Pasadena's recently rediscovered Adohr Milk Farms neon sign and bad research about Nat King Cole's racist neighbors
- Scoop: What the hell is happening at the Hotel Cecil?
- Sister Aimee's Castle
- A Rare Tour of Dr. George Hodel's Whimsically Weird Childhood House
- A Possible Solution to the Los Feliz Murder Mansion Mystery
- Save Eagle Rock's Route 66 Standard Service Station
- The Getty's Gift to Locked Down Los Angeles: 71,139 Ed Ruscha Vintage Streetscape Photos Digitized
- Attention, Joan Crawford Lovers: The Mildred Pierce House is For Lease!
- Scoop: Relevant Group has gutted the Morrison Hotel... and it's weird
- The Baltimore Hotel, Empty No More
3d 19th century 20th century 1920s adaptive reuse art deco boyle heights craig sauer crime scene decorative art demolition by neglect downtown los angeles featured content historic-cultural monument historic preservation hollywood jose huizar los angeles river los angeles times national register neon onni group public corruption public policy redevelopment road trip signage skid row spanish colonial revival william l. pereira