Tune in to Episode Five of the Esotouric podcast as we talk with Michael Dawson, of Dawson’s Book Shop-a Los Angeles institution since 1905-about his work on the newly-published photo book `William Reagh, A Long Walk Downtown,’‘ which chronicles the destruction of 19th century Los Angeles by the encroaching corporate footprint through the mid-20th century. We also check in with David Kipen, proprietor of Libros Schmibros, a lending library and bookstore in Boyle Heights, about his work fostering culture and community along East First Street. All this and cultural musings too as Kim & Richard usher in the week of February 18th, 2013.
You Can’t Eat The Sunshine — Esotouric’s Podcast
Subscribe to our podcast!
You Can’t Eat the Sunshine is the podcast of Esotouric, the offbeat Los Angeles company that turns the notion of guided bus tours on its ear. Each week, join Kim Cooper and Richard Schave on their Southern California adventures, as they visit with fascinating characters for wide-ranging interviews that reveal the myths, contradictions, inspirations and passions of the place. There’s never been a city quite like Los Angeles. Tune in if you’d like to find out why.
Our Theme Song is by The Ukulady
Upcoming Forensic Science Seminars
- Check back soon!
Upcoming Bus Tours
- The Birth of Noir: James M. Cain’s Southern California Nightmare – Saturday, September 10th
- Hotel Horrors & Main Street Vice - Saturday, September 17th
- Blood & Dumplings – Saturday, September 24th
- Hollywood! - Saturday, October 1st
- Wild Wild Westside - Saturday, October 8th
- Echo Park Book of the Dead - Saturday, October 15th
- In A Lonely Place: Raymond Chandler's Los Angeles - Saturday, October 22nd
- The Real Black Dahlia - Saturday, October 29th