Tune in to Episode Five of the Esotouric podcast as we talk with Michael Dawson, of Dawson’s Book Shop-a Los Angeles institution since 1905-about his work on the newly-published photo book `William Reagh, A Long Walk Downtown,’‘ which chronicles the destruction of 19th century Los Angeles by the encroaching corporate footprint through the mid-20th century. We also check in with David Kipen, proprietor of Libros Schmibros, a lending library and bookstore in Boyle Heights, about his work fostering culture and community along East First Street. All this and cultural musings too as Kim & Richard usher in the week of February 18th, 2013.
You Can’t Eat The Sunshine — Esotouric’s Podcast
Subscribe to our podcast!
You Can’t Eat the Sunshine is the podcast of Esotouric, the offbeat Los Angeles company that turns the notion of guided bus tours on its ear. Each week, join Kim Cooper and Richard Schave on their Southern California adventures, as they visit with fascinating characters for wide-ranging interviews that reveal the myths, contradictions, inspirations and passions of the place. There’s never been a city quite like Los Angeles. Tune in if you’d like to find out why.
Our Theme Song is by The Ukulady
Upcoming Forensic Science Seminars
Upcoming Bus Tours
- Pasadena Confidential - Saturday, December 3rd
- Hotel Horrors and Main Street Vice – Saturday, December 10th
- The Real Black Dahlia - Saturday, January 7th
- In A Lonely Place: Raymond Chandler's Los Angeles - Saturday, January 14th
- Birth of Noir: James M. Cain's Southern California Nightmare -- Saturday, January 21
- The Low Down on Downtown -- Saturday, January 28
- South L.A. Road Trip: Hot Rods, Adobes, Googie & Early Modernism -- Sunday, February 5
- Two Days in South LA: The 1974 SLA Shootout -- Saturday, February 11
- Boyle Heights & The San Gabriel Valley: The Hidden Histories of L.A.’s Melting Pot -- Saturday, February 18
- Weird West Adams -- Saturday, February 25