Tune in to Episode Five of the Esotouric podcast as we talk with Michael Dawson, of Dawson’s Book Shop-a Los Angeles institution since 1905-about his work on the newly-published photo book `William Reagh, A Long Walk Downtown,’‘ which chronicles the destruction of 19th century Los Angeles by the encroaching corporate footprint through the mid-20th century. We also check in with David Kipen, proprietor of Libros Schmibros, a lending library and bookstore in Boyle Heights, about his work fostering culture and community along East First Street. All this and cultural musings too as Kim & Richard usher in the week of February 18th, 2013.
You Can’t Eat The Sunshine — Esotouric’s Podcast
Subscribe to our podcast!
You Can’t Eat the Sunshine is the podcast of Esotouric, the offbeat Los Angeles company that turns the notion of guided bus tours on its ear. Each week, join Kim Cooper and Richard Schave on their Southern California adventures, as they visit with fascinating characters for wide-ranging interviews that reveal the myths, contradictions, inspirations and passions of the place. There’s never been a city quite like Los Angeles. Tune in if you’d like to find out why.
Our Theme Song is by The Ukulady
Upcoming Forensic Science Seminar
- Sunday, November 5th -- From The SLA To DNA
- Sunday, March 4th -- Wrongful Convictions: Investigatory Case Studies From The California Innocence Project
Upcoming Bus Tours
- In A Lonely Place: Raymond Chandler's Los Angeles- Saturday October 21st
- Wilshire Boulevard Death Trip – Saturday, Oct 28th
- Weird West Adams - Saturday, November 4
- Eastside Babylon – Saturday, November 11
- Haunts of a Dirty Old Man: Charles Bukowski's Los Angeles - Saturday, November 18
- Special Event: In Search of Imperial California - Richard’s 49th Birthday Bus Tour of Orange and Los Angeles Counties - Saturday, November 25
- Pasadena Confidential - Saturday, December 2
- Hotel Horrors & Main Street Vice - Saturday, December 9
- The Real Black Dahlia - Saturday, January 6
- In A Lonely Place: Raymond Chandler's Los Angeles - Saturday, January 13
- The Birth of Noir: James M. Cain's Southern California Nightmare - Saturday, January 20
- The Lowdown on Downtown - Saturday January, 27