Information about this bus tour
Guests and featured locations on the August 20, 2016 edition of The Lowdown on Downtown are slated to include:
• Tour of Ernest Batchelder’s Dutch Chocolate Shop
• Bradbury Building visit with Bunker Hill native son Gordon Pattison
• Pershing Square visit with Amos of Streetwise LA
• Historic Skid Row housing / services tour from Steven Van Zile, Director of Property Management and Facilities Services at SRO Housing Corporation
• Arts District insights from longtime resident Terry Ellsworth
Tour runs from 12noon to 4pm (4 hours).
We walk more on this tour than any other, so wear good shoes and bring a hat.
There are no paper tickets: your name will be on a list at the bus door. Check in is at 11:30am for a 12pm sharp departure. Tickets can be ordered online until the morning of the tour. For last minute bookings, please feel free to call 213-915-8687 after 8am on tour day, and if there are seats available, you can reserve a spot and pay with cash at the bus.
Parking / Breakfast suggestions
Paid lot parking is available directly across the street from the Daily Dose Cafe, at the Perfect Parking, Inc. lot at 1805 Industrial Street. Parking is market rate and can be $10 or more. Reserve in advance with Perfect Parking, Inc. at least 48 hours before arrival to secure $7 all day parking by contacting Sergio.
The Daily Dose is a great place for breakfast, but we recommend that you arrive about a half an hour before check in, so that neither you nor the cafe is rushed.
Food and (non-alcoholic) beverages are permitted; no audio or video-taping without permission. We regret that there are no refunds for passengers who miss the bus.
Overview of this bus tour
The Daily Dose Cafe
1820 Industrial Street
Los Angeles 90021
View Larger Map