Tune in to Episode Five of the Esotouric podcast as we talk with Michael Dawson, of Dawson’s Book Shop-a Los Angeles institution since 1905-about his work on the newly-published photo book `William Reagh, A Long Walk Downtown,’‘ which chronicles the destruction of 19th century Los Angeles by the encroaching corporate footprint through the mid-20th century. We also check in with David Kipen, proprietor of Libros Schmibros, a lending library and bookstore in Boyle Heights, about his work fostering culture and community along East First Street. All this and cultural musings too as Kim & Richard usher in the week of February 18th, 2013.
You Can’t Eat The Sunshine — Esotouric’s Podcast
Subscribe to our podcast!
You Can’t Eat the Sunshine is the podcast of Esotouric, the offbeat Los Angeles company that turns the notion of guided bus tours on its ear. Each week, join Kim Cooper and Richard Schave on their Southern California adventures, as they visit with fascinating characters for wide-ranging interviews that reveal the myths, contradictions, inspirations and passions of the place. There’s never been a city quite like Los Angeles. Tune in if you’d like to find out why.
Our Theme Song is by The Ukulady
Upcoming Forensic Science Seminars
Dectective’s Notebook, Sunday Jan. 17th
Upcoming Bus Tours
- Special Event: Palos Verdes birthday bus – Saturday, Nov. 28th
- Pasadena Confidential – Saturday, Dec. 5th
- Hotel Horrors/Main St. Vice – Saturday, Dec. 12th
- The Real Black Dahlia – Saturday, January 9th
- Haunts Of A Dirty Old Man: Charles Bukowski’s Los Angeles – Saturday, January 16th
- Lowdown On Downtown – Saturday, January 23rd
- Eastside Babylon – Saturday, January 30th
- South LA Roadtrip; Sunday, February 7th
- Raymond Chandler's Los Angeles; Saturday, February 13th
- Weird West Adams; Saturday, February 20th
- Boyle Heights/Monterey Park Melting Pot; Saturday, February 27th