Tune in to Episode Five of the Esotouric podcast as we talk with Michael Dawson, of Dawson’s Book Shop-a Los Angeles institution since 1905-about his work on the newly-published photo book `William Reagh, A Long Walk Downtown,’‘ which chronicles the destruction of 19th century Los Angeles by the encroaching corporate footprint through the mid-20th century. We also check in with David Kipen, proprietor of Libros Schmibros, a lending library and bookstore in Boyle Heights, about his work fostering culture and community along East First Street. All this and cultural musings too as Kim & Richard usher in the week of February 18th, 2013.
You Can’t Eat The Sunshine — Esotouric’s Podcast
Subscribe to our podcast!
You Can’t Eat the Sunshine is the podcast of Esotouric, the offbeat Los Angeles company that turns the notion of guided bus tours on its ear. Each week, join Kim Cooper and Richard Schave on their Southern California adventures, as they visit with fascinating characters for wide-ranging interviews that reveal the myths, contradictions, inspirations and passions of the place. There’s never been a city quite like Los Angeles. Tune in if you’d like to find out why.
Our Theme Song is by The Ukulady
Valentine’s Day Sale
Upcoming Forensic Science Seminars
Murder Will Out, Sunday April 17th
Upcoming Bus Tours
- Raymond Chandler's Los Angeles - Saturday, February 13th
- Weird West Adams - Saturday, February 20th
- Boyle Heights & The San Gabriel Valley: The Hidden Histories of L.A.’s Melting Pot - Saturday, February 27th
- Wild Wild Westside – Saturday - March 12th
- The Birth of Noir: James M. Cain’s Southern California Nightmare – Saturday, March 19th
- Hotel Horrors & Main Street Vice – Saturday, March 26th
- Hollywood! - Saturday, April 2nd
- Pasadena Confidential - Saturday, April 9th
- The Real Black Dahlia - Saturday, April 16th
- Echo Park Book of the Dead - Saturday, April 23rd
- Haunts Of A Dirty Old Man: Charles Bukowski’s Los Angeles - Saturday, April 30th
- Eastside Babylon - Saturday, May 7th
- Raymond Chandler's Los Angeles - Saturday, May 14th
- Special Event: Crawling Down Cahuenga: Tom Waits’ L.A. - Saturday, May 21st